MMC COLOMBO is a company which specializes as well in metal surface treatments and galvanic technology. The company has been active in this field for more than 30 years in the following business areas: food processing industry, beverage dispensing equipments, technical items, decorative items and precision tools. MMC deals with all those different operations starting from the arrival of raw materials up to the dispatch of the finished product.
These treatments are performed by either electrolytic or chemical deposition, both committed to technical items and items which need decoration. They protect metals from corrosion and improve their external surface.
MARKETS AND APPLICATIONS
MMC COLOMBO performs the following galvanic treatments:
- Chemical nickel-plating which is suitable for food processing industry. The chemical nickel can be deposited on a wide range of materials: copper and its alloys (including copper-tungsten), ferrous alloys (stainless steel, kovar, invar, mu-metal, ...) and titanium (Ti6Al4V alloy), with thicknesses ranging from 2-3μ up to 50μ (and beyond), according to the needs. The chemical nickel can be applied as a final treatment (corrosion protection, wear resistance, general improvement of the treated surfaces), or as an intermediate layer (barrier) before subsequent treatments such as gold and palladium. MMC performs this high-phosphorus electroless nickel plating (10-13% in P) mainly on applications in the food industry like beverage taps since it satisfies the specifications MIL-C26074B, AMS240B for food use.
- Nickel plating, both performed by frame and rotobarrel.
- Decorative chrome plating, performed by frame.
- Decorative palladium plating, performed by frame.
- Gold electroplate as to tone 1N (light gold), both performed by frame and rotobarrel.
- Gold electroplate as to tone 24K (yellow gold), both performed by frame and rotobarrel.
QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
The priority of the company is to provide products and services of reliable, consistent and traceable quality, according times and with the best customer satisfaction. To this end, MMC relies on an equipped external analysis laboratory to ensure the quality of the processing in terms of technical and aesthetic characteristics of the deposit and for the control of chemical processes. Particular attention has been given both to the reduction of the environmental impact through a water purification plant and efficient suction systems that allow low emissions into the atmosphere, and to the safety of the working environment.
Don't hesitate to contact us for request or information. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
M.M.C. COLOMBO S.r.l. - Galvanic Division
+39 0332 333748 / email@example.com